Friday, August 29, 2014

Kudos to Dr. Roizen's Personalized, Preventive, & Integrative Medicine "Focus on Women's Health" Conference #NoMoreYAMMMs

Quick post here as I have a bit of a cold.  I post a lot of critiques here about meetings that have bad gender ratios for the speakers.  But I do focus on the negative and am trying to also call attention to the good cases.  Well here is one: the 12th Annual Dr. Roizen’s Personalized, Preventive, and Integrative Medicine Conference with a focus on Women's Health.  And unlike the recent Ovarian Club meeting (see No Ovaries? Well this Ovarian Club Conference is For You (YAMMMs for everyone)) which had few female speakers despite the topic, Dr. Roizen and the other organizers (including one of my favorite colleagues Rosane Oliveira) did a great job.  The gender ratio of organizers, moderators and speakers all looks good (see images below).  Kudos to all involved.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...